Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 39 - Boss



- Too Much -

Today I overcame fear and talked to my boss about how behind my staff and I are. I've always been afraid to admit that I can't do something on my own, or ask for help for fear of being seen as a failure. The fact is there have been some difficult circumstances that have put my team in this position, and we just need help to dig ourselves out. Heaven knows, it's not for lack of trying or lack of over time!

After an hour long conversation with my manager, in which my nerves had me shaking the whole time, setting my fears aside paid off! Results: I get an extra headcount to help me out! Fear of asking for help conquered, and I feel like we (me and my team) can see the light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how small and dim, I know it's there!

No comments:

Post a Comment