Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 33 - In

I went against the grain and despite my fear of being seen as an outcast or being anti-social, I declined the group outting/dinner invitation I received for tonight. Still on business travel, I wanted to take a night to just do nothing and enjoy being away from both the office and home. I spent the evening in my suite catching up on Wednesday night TV (that I never get to watch), and indulging in Haagen Dazs Chocolate ice-cream. I allowed myself to relax, watch absolutely mindless TV, and allow the biggest decision of the night be, "What time should I go to bed?".

Powering down my brain was a nice change of pace, and much needed after an intense start to my week. Staying "in" was just what the doctor ordered. Peer pressure combatted, fear of upsetting others set aside, brain recharged! The best thing is, I got exactly what I wanted and needed, and the "Nerd Crew" still liked me the next day! Afterall, what's not to like?

No comments:

Post a Comment