Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9 - Baked

- Yummy! -

Seriously, there's nothing like a holiday invite to a cookie exchange to strike fear into my heart almost instantly. Am I afraid of the calories I may consume with all the yummy cookies abounding? Nope, not at all. I'm afraid to RSVP because I can't bake a cookie to save my life! I have never successfully baked a cookie. That's right, not ONE good cookie has ever come out of this girl's oven. And now, I'm at a point in my life where I am literally afraid to try to bake a cookie as the results are sure to be charcoal disasters. Well...that was until I took on the task of "doing one thing every day that scares me."

The oven was warmed, the cookie sheet non-greased. The dough was divided up and spread out over the 15 x 12" pan. This was it, there was no turning back. It was bake time! Bake time turned out to be 8 minutes and 47 seconds for finally, a successful, non charred batch of chocolate chip perfection. I am so happy to have finally conquered the fear of baking cookies. Watch out Betty Crocker, there's a new girl in town!

No comments:

Post a Comment