Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20 - Namaste

Today I set fears aside and tried a new exercise class. While I'm no stranger to Yoga, I wasn't sure what to expect from the class entitled, "Rise-n-Shine Yoga". Committing myself to attending was facing one fear, while actually getting there was another. I have quite a commute to tackle before arriving at the 7am class, and was fearful of running late. While traffic was mostly a breeze, I did end up about 2 minutes late for class. I'm always intimidated walking into a class or meeting late, so my immediate fear-based idea was "just don't go in and do some other work out instead". I pushed through that fear and pushed the classroom door open, and of course, all eyes were on me just like I awkwardly imagined they would be. But what I didn't expect was the warm welcome I received from my favorite instructor who said it was great to see me and to come on in! I rolled out my mat, took off my shoes and socks, and entered savasana (corpse porse) and let my fears, and pre-conceived thoughts of the day melt into the floor. A couple of sun-salutations and downward dogs later, I feel like a million bucks! Rise-n-Shine yoga it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment