Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13 - Meet a Cheetah

Robert Schuller once asked, "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" and my reply would be, raise $1,000 so I can meet a cheetah. Yep, I wanna meet a cheetah, the world's largest purring cat! How can I accomplish this? Well, so glad you asked! I will be signing up for the Chicago event, "Run For the Cheetah" which takes place this April. I am taking on the bold task of raising $1,000 which, if achieved, would allow me to meet a cheetah! All donations benefit the Cheetah Conservatory, and while I will purr-ticipate in the event no matter the amount of money I raise, I must admit it's a very scary undertaking to fund-raise $1,000! I had a hard time committing myself to this goal, but this is a once in a life time opportunity that I will not let pass me by because I am afraid of failing. Cheetahs in the wild face much scarier things then I will in my fund-raising attempts, so let the fund-raising begin!


2 comments:

  1. I've had a completely random thought, what if you could ride the Cheetah? Like in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. Yeah that's where my mind goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if my Cheetah is gas (fart) powered, I'm sure we'd be the first ones across the finish line! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete