Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 203 - Bionda

Today I was taken captive, and forced to eat at the Italian eatery, Cafe Bionda. OK, so I wasn't really taken captive, nor was I force fed. Rather, I was picked up by my main squeeze for a late night dinner date. But didn't my opening line sounded so much more captivating?

Sadly, I was having a very bad "neck and shoulders" day, meaning my shoulder muscles were painfully tight, causing my neck to mis-align, resulting in a lovely tension headache so upon arriving at the overly crowded and noisy restaurant, I was a bit overwhelmed. Anticipating that our table would be ready in 25 minutes, we sat at the very loud bar and I thought, "doesn't anyone use their inside voice anymore?". In less then 5 minutes, we were thankfully rescued and seated at a semi-quiet and private table. I couldn't decide what to order, and took more time to choose my dinner then it did to get seated, or even drive to the restaurant for that matter! I finally settled, with some help from the waiter, on the Gnocchi. The pasta included spicy crumbled sausage, peas and mushrooms in a tomato cream sauce. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but at this point, I didn't care and just needed to order something.

As I sipped on my Pinot Noir, my shoulders started to relax and I started enjoying the evening, and more so, my company. After half a glass, my Gnocchi arrived. I wasn't quite sure what to think of the mixed concoction but took one bite and was in love. My date had served me well, and well, so did the waiter! If you're in the Chicago area, I'd highly recommend Bionda's - try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment