Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 185 - Kicks


Today's birthday pampering included buying new shoes! They're not sexy sandals, but even better! They're my magic running shoes that will take me anywhere I want to go (insert Forest Gump movie clip here). With all the walking and activities I've done this year, and continue to plan on doing, I've really worn down my already over used Asics, and decided it was time to replace them.

Not only have I vowed to participate in some type of event each month such as a 5K run/walk, but I am participating in a 10K a day program at work, where the challenge is to walk at least 10,000 steps, or 5 miles per day. I figured I might as well walk in style! I love the sunburst colors of these shoes, but also, I immediately fell in love with the Ryka brand fit as it is designed specifically for women, and has an angled instep to compensate for the Q angle of the woman's femur and stride.

On a side note, my Asics took their last 11,250+ step walking trip today. I was so thankful to spend the 4th with my boyfriend today, as it was totally unexpected due to his crazy work schedule. We spent the morning catching up with each other's news, and eventually started a trek throughout the city for food, shopping and fun. Even though the Asics have seen me through some awesome miles and will be retired, they will surely stick around until next June, wherein I plan to participate in the Dirty Girl Mud Run and will need an old "friend" to help me get dirty!

1 comment: