Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 188 - Berfday

So, today I'm officially one year older. I celebrated by getting my bicycle tuned up, a long walk, a short ride, a manicure, flowers, dinner and drinks, and speed boat ride on the lake - not too shabby. As my night unfolded, I kept thinking, what should my "new years resolution" be? I think I kept hoping for some type of epiphany, or a bolt of wisdom that would somehow guide me to live the next year of my life even better, but it never came. So what does one do when they turn a year older?

Sure you can party the night away, but that's not my style. I really want to live the best life I can, and have no regrets at the end of the journey, but how do you achieve that? I took the entire week of my birthday off to pamper myself and indulge, and I've done just that, quite successfully I might add. I've allowed myself to sleep in and enjoy
late breakfasts. Formal, 5:30am workouts have have been replaced with leisurely bike rides and a lot of walking (5 miles per day). I think a staycation to celebrate my birthday week has been one of the best things I've ever done to allow for a soul replenishment, but even with all the pampering, spa treatments, and fun, I'm still left questioning, what, if anything, can I change in my life to live better?

I think, if anything, this week has taught me that I do need to indulge once in awhile and take care of myself so I can bring the best "me" to the table. Of course, this isn't really a new revelation, but this is probably one of the first times I've put it to practice and have seen the benefits in action. So what's my plan going forward? Continue my blog, which seems to provide me with goals and new ideas, continue working on improving my health, body and mind, and most of all, just when I think I shouldn't, go ahead and just do it! Whatever it is, go ahead and spend the extra money, get the spa treatment, take the class, buy the shoes, or whatever it is! My parting words and birthday gift to myself... Enjoy life, so others can enjoy you!

No comments:

Post a Comment