Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 189 - Speed

As part of my birthday outing, the boyfriend and I went out on Lake Michigan on a speedboat. While I've been out on the water before, the Sea Dog was quite intimidating as it boasted of it's high speed ride. As I took my seat, I was amazed by the Chicago skyline as usual. I never take the beauty of my city for granted. Never. I love it.



While we waited for the other passengers to board, we insisted on taking the usual self portraits. This was one of my favorites. I love the lights of Navy Pier in the background.




I was more than excited for the ride, until the Captain insisted on everyone buckling their seat belts. Tightly. The adrenaline started to rush and at that moment, I wondered, just how fast were we going to go? And how wet would I get? I documented my safety below.




The ride started, the music started, and I made the boyfriend hold on to me just in case the seat belt failed. I loved feeling absolutely free out on the water, I think the faster we went, the bigger my smile got. I couldn't snag a good picture of the city once we were out on the water, we were going way to fast to take a good photo! That, and the fact that the ride was way too short (I could have stayed out there forever!) is my only complaint about this experience. Talk about doing one thing every day that scares you! Speed boat ride is right up there, and I suggest if you ever get the chance, that you should do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment