Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 184 - Pedi

I have pretty toes again! I faced fear of embarrassment and headed to my favorite local nail shop, Hollywood Nails for some feet TLC. I've neglected my toes (and feet) since February (at least) and thought that since it's July and my feet still haven't seen a sandal or open toe shoe, it was about time to get them peep-toe-pretty! I love Mike, and his mom Nancy, they are the most awesome host/hostesses! Yes, I say host, because this family run shop makes you feel like you're at home.

Mike gave me the scoop on the "going-ons" of the neighborhood, and even helped me choose the right color for my tootsies, which was "You're a Pisa Work" by OPI - I think he was trying to tell me something. Later, during my awesome foot massage, Nancy and other customers served up wine, and spicy guacamole and chips. It was just the right amount of snackage and alcohol to fill the tummy, and lighten my spirits while watching the Cubs actually win a game.

I left the shop a very happy customer, and can't say enough about the royal treatment I received. This is day one of my birthday pampering week, so as the week goes on, you'll read more about the little things I choose to do each day to help me relax, and/or take care of myself. Bring on the birthday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment