Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 81 - Rent

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/rent/index.html

Who knew you could negotiate rent?! Despite fear, I cautiously called my rental agency and asked if the proposed rent increase was "set in stone", or if there room for discussion (see post "Day 74 - Moving?"). Kristine was more then happy to work with me and asked what type of increase I would be comfortable with. "Well none really", I replied, figuring why not go for broke! She continued to discuss the situation with me, and said she'd give me a call back after speaking with management.

Later, I happily listened to my voicemail wherein Kristine stated her company's counter offer was a 1% increase, or basically $10.00 per month, and that she would give me back my pre-paid rent, essentially making the month of May a "free" rent month! I can dig it! I am super excited that I don't have to deal with moving right now and that I can stay put for at least another year. Moreso, I am thankful that I set fear aside, and just asked the questions I did - what a great result!

1 comment: