Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 68 - Spice II

I was excited to see Spice, the red Doberman, practicing her training tonight. If you recall my recent post about her, her owner is a bit rough with her and quite over bearing. Today I got to see my past conversation, thoughts and advice come to fruition as her owner has definitely improved some of his handling skills. While he still has a long way to go, I was happy to see that my concerns "sunk in" and made a difference!

I gave new advice tonight and demonstrated my own handling of the Dobey and know that this too will be worked into her resume of training. Let me tell you, taking her away from her owner to demonstrate "my way" was a bit intimidating! While I may never convince this pet owner that tugging and jerking on a leash is not the way to train, I will continue to mould him to what I hope is at least a softer version of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment