Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 67 - Ambushed

At work I have a twice weekly conference call with a team of people. The benefit of this call is, whether it's utilized or not, that certain individuals know I am available for consultation at the same time, twice a week, every week for their needs. Today, the call seemed relatively quiet until I was literally ambushed by part of the team and their leader. It was not a pleasant conversation, or should I say berating, to listen to but I listened. Instead of allowing myself to be overwhelmed by fear or intimidation and shrink into my chair, I calmly suggested my action plan to the leader's concern. Despite my explanation falling upon deaf ears, I remained calm. Irritated, but calm. I let the "blow hard" continue to blow, and agreed he could take his issues up with upper management, and that I'd be more then happy to help!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." - Reinhold Niebuhr


No comments:

Post a Comment