Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76 - Shake

Today being St. Patrick's day, I thought I'd try the Shamrock Shake that everyone raves about at McDonalds. I first ordered a chocolate shake as I wasn't quite ready to face my fear of the green monster, but once at the drive-thru window to pay I saw the Shamrock eye-balling me. I changed my mind and inconveniently asked to change my order. I'm sure the staff did not appreciate my last minute change up but none the less, I received my Shamrock shake and drove away. I quickly unwrapped the straw (after taking numerous pictures of said shake for my blog) anticipating minty-goodness.

I think I took half a sip of the neon green, semi solid beverage and my taste buds voted an immediate "no". I took another taste and couldn't convince myself to drink anymore. I stowed the shake in the freezer in hopes it would be consumed by the visiting boyfriend, but alas, he didn't want it either. Maybe if I keep it in there long enough, I can auction it off on E-bay to a desperate Shamrock shake fan who can't wait until their return next year. Fear of the unknown conquered, and let it be known, from now on I'm sticking with chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. Funny you go a few thousand miles form Ireland and you can purchase a shamrock shake. Here in the UK we have never heard of such a silly idea !!! :)

    Cant say I feel like I am missing out, no artificial colours in that then ????

    RJRDaydreamer

    ReplyDelete