Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 355 - Before I Go To Sleep


"Memories define us. So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep? Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love--all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may be telling you only half the story. Welcome to Christine's life."

I just completed the read above as part of a book club requirement and while it's not my typical genre, I did enjoy the fictional thriller. I wasn't sure what to expect when purchasing the only copy on the book store shelf. I always wonder if being the only copy left means that it was such a good book that it flew off the shelf quickly. Or just the opposite, was it so horrible that the bookstore only ordered one copy praying some unsuspecting customer would feel sorry for it and take it home with them?  Would I be that customer?

Nope! As I pushed through the 358 pages, I found myself reading faster and faster to get to the end of the mystery. While I won't say much about the novel here, I will state it's a mixture of the movie, "Groundhog Day" and a "who-dunnit" story that will keep you guessing where the main character ends up. It is a bit of a cliffhanger, which, as you may already know I don't care for, but in this case I find it appropriate as the wonderment of the ending only helps you realize what it's like to be in Christine's shoes. I'd recommend this novel and if you read it, tell me what ya think!

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog, its modern and cheerful. We oldies need people like you!

    ReplyDelete