Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 164 - Vacation Day 4

Despite hugging and tearing up upon having say good-bye to my friend, I held myself together in efforts to head into the airport, and return home. Once near my departure gate with time to spare, I thought I would treat myself to a magazine, t-shirt and additional souvenier. "Declined", was the response I received from the cashier. That's when half (the financial half) of my worst fears were realized. I said thank you to the now pissed off cashier, and walked towards the nearest ATM in a panic. "Declined", the screen stated. Great.

I immediately called my bank and after a brief discussion of transactions, we deduced that I couldn't possibly be grocery shopping in my home town and be in San Diego at the same time. Yep, I had been cleaned out and robbed by scammers. "Thanks Assholes", I thought to myself as the banker on the other end of the phone said, "Well, it's probably a good thing you're coming home today then". I thought to myself, "Yeah, can't wait to get home and deal with cleaning this up". So long palm trees, hello bank fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment