Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 155 - TV

Today was day 1 of no television. Not sure what I was thinking starting off a week long challenge of no TV on a weekend, as that's usually when I have the most "down time" and want to veg out in front of it. Despite temptation to watch the "boob tube", I managed to occupy my time with reading (I'm actually half way through a new book) instead of mindless TV show viewing. To fight the urge to turn on the TV, I found myself eating breakfast and dinner at my dinner table (what a concept!) instead of on the couch and in front of the TV. I found it very peaceful to actually sit at the dinner table, although I think my cats found it rather strange. I was thankful to go to work for a while so my day was broken up, but when I got home the urge settled in again to turn on the tellie. Instead, I did laundry. And continued to read, blog, and surf the internet. I don't know if I'll ever get to the point of not missing a TV, but at least today proved to be more productive without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment