Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 127 - Help

There's a new trainee at work. I was asked if she could help me teach today. I don't like help (often) as I am a control freak, and would rather see most things through on my own. And now, you want someone new to help me? Someone that is still learning and doesn't know everything I know to help me?

Ok, ok, I remember what it was like to be new, so I let the trainee help me. I'm not heartless, just a perfectionist. It was very hard to allow the newbie to help, but I set fears aside of an imperfect training session and let her teach two different dog training techniques. I chimed in as needed in what I hope was a non-overbearing manner to round out her lessons, and things ended successfully. Having Jennifer's help today was actually a nice break from having to yell over the top of a barking Bull Terrier. Hey, I could get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment