Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 293 - Beware

I should have listened to the soothsayer who warned Julius Caesar "Beware the Ides of March", because I didn't care for the movie's (of the same name) ending! While it was not a bad movie, I do not particularly like cliffhangers. I want to be told the whole story and be whisked away to a fantasy land that lasts for the hour and a half that I am in the theater. Point blank, I am a movie-goer who wants to be entertained. I don't want to have to think about it, I just want to enjoy it.

To be fair, despite my disdain for the ending, the movie, "Ides of March" makes you think about the actions and corruptibility of those you most believe in, including yourself. It was well acted, and moreover a well thought out plot that leaves you to wonder where the twists and turns of the movie will end. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), just like real life, the ending is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment