Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 286 - Cancel

At a friend's request I sent out a group invite over a month ago, and I was happy to see that everyone accepted. I looked forward to catching up with my 6 friends over dinner tonight. But sadly, one by one, everyone seemed to come up with an excuse, a very lame excuse I might add, as to why they could no longer attend. As the list of attendees dwindled, I decided to say "Screw it!", I'm going to cancel with the group, and go to dinner with my closest friend out of the attendees. I was not going to let a group of poopers dissuade me from a night out!

So, with that said, my friend and I went to dinner, had a fabulous waitress, fabulous food and even more fabulous dessert. The best part of the night was getting free cappuccinos from our waitress, complete with rock candy stirrers! After dinner we walked, talked and shopped in efforts to burn at least a few of those delicious calories off our tummies.

Lesson of the night? 1) If you want something done, do it yourself. 2) As Joe Clark (remember the movie, "Lean On Me"?) would say, "Don't let the dastards get you down". (I met him, he's a cool cat) and 3) Dessert fixes everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment