Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 289 - Corn

Today I participated in the World's Largest Corn Maze 5K Run/Walk. Boasting 250 turns and curves, I have to admit that this maze made me dizzy at times! There were also plenty of times I would have loved to cheat and cut under the ropes that tied off the maze, ensuring that we completed the full 3.1 miles of corny craziness, but I didn't. Below are just a few pictures of the event. After having nearly tripped over 3 different downed cornstalks throughout the maze, this event allows me to appreciate the flat paved streets of my "normal" 5K events!





2 comments:

  1. This sounds like so much fun! I've always wanted to do a marathon type event. This one sounds like a total blast! I came across your blog from the "Meet Me Monday"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tyana for stopping by and following! There are tons of 5K events and half marathons that can prep ya for the major challenge of a marathon! I keep my events to 5K's usually as I'm built for comfort, not speed, but they're tons of fun! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete