Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 288 - Moya

With much anticipation, my "Meet a Cheetah" day as I've come to call it finally arrived! If you're a new reader to my blog, earlier this year I participated in the Chicago, "Run for the Cheetah" 5K event and by raising $1,000.00 I was allowed a VIP invitation to the Cheetah Conservation Fund's annual gala. By attending, myself and a guest would not only get to meet Dr. Laurie Marker, founder of the CCF, but a cheetah as well!


This is Moya, a one year old male cheetah.



The inspiring, Dr. Laurie Marker



Moya getting a tasty snack (raw chicken)



Part of my tasty dinner



Prior to dinner, I took plenty of photos of Moya, and got to speak with Dr. Marker and her staff in depth on numerous occasions. The highlight of course, was getting some one on one time with Moya, getting to pet him (I never thought his fur would be so "bristly"!), and have my picture taken with him, Dr. Marker and one of his handlers. The evening, the people, and the energy were all awe inspiring and served as a reminder that life is bigger then what you know. You have a purpose bigger than yourself, and it's up to you to follow your heart to find it. I cannot wait to continue my volunteer efforts with the CCF and see what role I can play in saving this amazing animal.


Where will your heart take you?

2 comments: