Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 331 - Meetup

In my ongoing efforts to do something new and challenge myself, I've signed up for a few "meetup" groups. Meetup.com is a website where you can join groups of people with similar interests in efforts to not only meet new people, but share in and experience new things. Of course, signing up is the easy part, it's the actual participating that will be scary for me.

Getting out and meeting new people can be nerve wracking by itself, but I plan on not only meeting new people, but meeting new people to sign with. Will they judge me on my inability to sign something correctly? Will they judge me in general? All thoughts that I will power through in efforts to expand my learning and friends circle. Wish me luck, I'll be sure to post about my first Deaf Chat meetup!

No comments:

Post a Comment