Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 305 - Skydeck

I really love my city. I can't say it enough, but the rich history and beautiful, underappreciated architecture intrigue me on a constant basis. I never take my city or the things it has to offer for granted. Today's sunny weather was a prime invitiation to go visit the Sears Skydeck (okay, it's technically called Willis Tower, but a true city girl would never admit that) and tackle my fear of heights by stepping out on the recently added Skydeck Ledge. The Skydeck Ledge is a series of 4 retractable glass window boxes that hang out over the side of the building. These "window boxes" are clear glass, making the experience quite awe-inspiring.

North-easterly view from the 103rd floor...



Western view through one of the sky-deck ledges.



Northern city view from the ledge...



The first baby step out onto the ledge...



About half an hour later, I finally got both feet out onto the ledge and enjoyed the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment