Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 316 - Yogi

It's that time of year again where I spend a day at "Parade School" to learn the ins and outs of balloon handling for the McDonald's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Of course, friends tease me and say I'm going to Clown School, but I don't mind. I spend the morning at the Museum of Science and Industry getting briefed on the balloons that will be in the upcoming parade and get some hands on experience with the volunteer balloon for the day, which this year was Yogi Bear. I won't know my balloon assignment until the day of Thanksgiving, but I do know I play a big role in bringing thousands of smiles to people's faces as I help walk the balloons down State Street on Thanksgiving morning! Look for me on WGN TV Thanksgiving Day morning, and think about all of the volunteers that it takes to put on such a huge parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment