Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 268 - PAWS


Today was the PAWS 4K event, and while my heart was surely not in it, I kept this commitment based on the cause alone. PAWS, "Pets Are Worth Saving", is a no-kill shelter helping drive down Chicago's homeless pets euthanasia rate. PAWS believes in giving every animal a chance to find their furever home. After having experienced one of the greatest shelter cats ever, how could I not show up? The walk along the beach front surrounded by people and their pets was cathartic for me and reminds me that life must go on.



Speaking of life going on, I am continuing with my monthly events and have decided to volunteer for the Chicago Marathon. You know the saying, "Those who run, do. And those who can't, volunteer!". OK, maybe that's not an exact quote, but I'm happy to share that my volunteer spot was confirmed today and I will be a course marshal on mile 8. In addition to the marathon, I've signed up once again to volunteer as a balloon handler in the Chicago Thanksgiving Day Parade. I can't wait to see who (which balloon) I'm assigned to!


No comments:

Post a Comment