Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 231 - Shocked

Today was the worst pre-Chiropractic electrical-stim session I've ever had. And to add insult to injury, I got a half hearted and very lame, "sorry" from the administrator. Now, let me clarify, the session was not hosted by my actual chiropractic office, and was done third party. In addition, my misery was not caused by my chiropractor or an actual adjustment.

Based on the link above, electrical stimulation is supposed to help the range of muscle movement. Well I can attest that it sure does! Range of motion issues? I had no range of motion issues in moving my arms up over my head and behind my back in order to literally rip off the way too hot heat pack and over stimulating electrodes that were causing massive amounts of pain all while yelling, "THIS HURTS!" in hopes that someone would come rescue me. A few moments later, the "therapists" as I'll loosely call them, came into the room and asked what the problem was. Umm, you electrocuted me, that's what the problem is!

I like to pride myself on the fact that I am not a wimp when it comes to pain, but this session was just way too much, and definitely not relaxing as it was intended to be. I could have had the same session at home with a plugged in hair dryer and full bathtub, only much cheaper! So what is the lesson or scary thing here for me? That I actually spoke up and complained instead of enduring the pain was a huge step for me. In addition, not that it did much good, but I complained to my Chiropractic office as well as the people administering the "therapy" in hopes of sparing the next electric chair victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment