Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 217 - Meanie Pants

Tuesday a manager was very mean to me, as well as my staff, by making a very derogatory statement about our work and success or, in his opinion, lack thereof. Wednesday I went to seek him out and talk to him about his demotivating comment. He was busy. Thursday I sent him an email stating I needed to talk to him. Friday, I reminded his smug ass that we needed to talk as he ran in and out of the elevator, and I sent yet another email reminder to him stating we need to set up a time to talk on Monday. I am not letting his attitude and commentary go unchecked. While I realize I may not be able to change his opinion, every one's entitled to one (even if they are wrong!), but I will hold him accountable for his statement and make him aware of the fall out from his comment, which has led to an unmotivated and depressed staff.

Despite a rough week, I left work early on Friday on a high, positive note, as a manager from another department had heard of the foul behavior and commended my team and their constant help and stated that the meanie-pants manager must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that morning. Yay for positive reinforcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment