Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 221 - Donor

If they say bad things happen in threes, I don't want to find out what the third bad thing is, as I just found out the second. Sadly, my co-worker and friend who I previously posted about succumbed to a stroke this weekend, and passed away. Rather than posting about the sadness, what I want to focus on here is organ donation. Lynn (yes that's my name too) not only proved to be a generous spirit in life, but at the end of it as well. Hopefully, through her organ donation other families will not have to suffer an unneeded loss.

Please think about becoming an organ donor, if you haven't already, and make sure your family knows your wishes as well. You can find a local donor registry (in the USA) to sign up at this government site. While I know not everyone feels the same, my personal thought is to recycle what you no longer have a use for.


111,828 people are waiting for a transplant

18 people will die each day waiting for an organ

1 organ donor can save up to 8 lives

No comments:

Post a Comment